GITD - main content
1. National Electronic Register of Road Transport Entrepreneurs
(KREPTD) – general information
The provisions of the Act of November 4, 2016 amending the Road Transport Act, Journal of Laws 2016 item 1935 establishing the National Electronic Register of Road Transport Entrepreneurs came into force on November 30, 2017. This amendment constitutes, among others implementation of the provision of art. 16 of Regulation (EC) No 1071/2009 of 21 October 2009 laying down common rules concerning the conditions to be complied with to pursue the occupation of road transport operator and repealing Council Directive 96/26/EC. According to its content, each Member State maintains a national electronic register of road transport operators who have been authorized by the competent authority to pursue the occupation of road transport operator. The body responsible for the implementation, construction and functioning of the Register is the Chief Inspector of Road Transport.
The National Electronic Register of Road Transport Entrepreneurs is available at the address: https://kreptd.gitd.gov.pl
The register kept by the General Inspectorate of Road Transport consists of three records:
- entrepreneurs who have permission to practice the road transport operator;
- serious infringements referred to in Article 6 par. 1 letter b of Regulation (EC) No. 1071/2009;
- persons who have been found incapable of managing the transport operations of the entrepreneur until the good reputation has been restored, in accordance with Art. 6 par. 3 of Regulation (EC) No 1071/2009.
The data contained in the above records constitute the main database necessary for the proper functioning of the Registry.
Specified data from the Registry are public and publicly available on the above-mentioned website, i.e.:
- the entrepreneur’s company and the designation of its address and registered office or place of residence of the entrepreneur;
- entrepreneur’s identification number (REGON) and tax identification number (NIP), if applicable;
- the type of permit to pursue the occupation of road transport operator and the serial numbers of excerpts from the permit to pursue the occupation of road transport operator;
- number of vehicles covered by the permit to pursue the occupation of road transport operator;
- serial number of the Community license and serial numbers of excerpts from the Community license;
- the status of permit to pursue the occupation of road transport operator;
- the beginning of the validity of the Community license;
- end of validity of the Community license;
- date of withdrawal of the Community license;
- the date of suspension of the Community license;
- date of expiry of the suspension of the Community license;
- the reason for the suspension or withdrawal of the Community license;
- serial number of withdrawals from the Community license;
- date of withdrawal from the Community license;
- date of expiry of withdrawal from the Community license;
- name and surname of the legal representative of the entrepreneur and the date and place of their birth;
- name and surname of the person managing the transport, and:
- number of their professional competence certificate,
- date of issue of the professional competence certificate,
- the country of issue of the professional competence certificate.
The Electronic Registers of individual countries are linked to each other, creating a pan-European database named European Register of Road Transport Undertakings (ERRU).
KREPTD is created in order to obtain a complete, current and accurate database of road transport entrepreneurs kept in electronic form. Access to the register will be provided by internet applications that give access to data for authorized bodies and provide the opportunity to exchange information on road transport entrepreneurs with the Member States of the European Union. Establishment of KREPTD should ensure efficient flow of information between all entities involved in the process of issuing permits to practice the road entrepreneur, issue, change and withdraw international licenses for the carriage of people and goods or self-certification, subjects conducting exams and issuing certificates of professional competence and entities exercising supervision and control over road transport.
Users using services of road transport companies should get access to data of entrepreneurs included in KREPTD in order to verify them and to ensure conditions of fair competition. Efficient access to accurate and up-to-date information on road transport entrepreneurs will allow to eliminate dishonest entrepreneurs operating on the Polish and Community market, improve the safety of road transport and trade in goods and create conditions for fair competition for carriers. At the same time, General Inspectorate of Road Transport and the minister responsible for transport will be provided with tools to conduct analyzes and study trends in road transport, which is necessary to build development strategies for this sector of the economy.
In addition, we would like to inform you that pursuant to art. 18 of Regulation (EC) No. 1071/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 October 2009 establishing common rules on the conditions to pursue the occupation of road transport operator and repealing Council Directive 96/26/EC the National Contact Point performs the General Inspectorate of Road Transport
2. Establishment of the National Electronic Register of Road Transport Entrepreneurs - a project co-financed from the European Funds under the Operational Program Digital Poland for 2014-2020 Priority Axis 2 “E-government and open government” Measure 2.1 “High availability and quality of public e-services”
- On April 27, 2018, Agreement No. POPC.02.01.00-00-0090/18-00 was signed for co-financing of the project “Establishment of the National Electronic Register of Road Transport Entrepreneurs” under the Operational Program Digital Poland for 2014-2020 II Axis Priority - E-administration and open government, Measure 2.1 - High availability and quality of e-public services, hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”. The agreement was concluded between the Digital Poland Project Centre and the General Inspectorate of Road Transport. The total value of the Project is PLN 18 103 795, 84. The Intermediate Body granted the Beneficiary for the Project implementation co-financing in the total amount not exceeding: 16 603 795, 84 PLN (in words: sixteen million six hundred three thousand seven hundred ninety five zlotys, 84/100), including:
- the amount not exceeding: 14 051 792, 41 PLN (in words: fourteen million fifty one thousand seven hundred and ninety two zlotys, 41/100) from the European funds budget,
- the amount not exceeding: PLN 2,552,003.43 (in words: two million five hundred fifty two thousand three zlotys, 43/100) from the state budget.
The aim of the project is to improve the safety of road transport and transport turnover by launching the National Electronic Register of Road Transport Entrepreneurs (KREPTD), combined with national registers of other EU countries through the ERRU system - European Register of Road Transport Undertakings. The implementation of the project includes project preparation, purchase of hardware infrastructure, implementation of the basic version and target ICT system KREPTD and data warehouse, system implementation, provision of internal services and public e-services, system development, training for system users, promotional activities.
As a result of the implementation of the project, 4 internal services of A2A will be made available for collecting, processing and exchanging data registered in KREPTD (necessary for the functioning of e-public services), enabling public tasks to be carried out electronically. The services will be made available to project stakeholders, i.e. external entities performing public tasks: County Offices, control bodies, indicated in art. 82i para. 1 point 2 and art. 82j par. 3 of the Act of 6 September 2001 on road transport and organizational units of the General Inspectorate of Road Transport (GITD), which proves that the project has entered into Action 2.1 POPC.
The target products of the project will be: the KREPTD system (consisting of an application for the National Contact Point, counties, control bodies and a reporting application); 4 network internal services-A2A; 2 e-public services.
The implementation of the project will allow to obtain a complete, up-to-date and detailed database of entrepreneurs conducting business in the field of road transport of people or goods and persons managing transport in enterprises, and will improve the processes of issuing permits, Community licenses, testing the requirement of good business reputation and transport managers and information exchange about violations of regulations related to road transport of people and things
- Before the project was started, the server and network infrastructure was purchased for the primary and backup server rooms, necessary for the implementation of the KREPTD system.
- On 8/05/2017, a contract was signed for “Construction, implementation, maintenance and development of the National Electronic Registry of Road Transport Entrepreneurs”.
- On 14/09/2017, the basic version of the system was implemented, which final products include, among others: creating forms and integration with ePUAP; application for the National Contact Point; integration with the General Inspectorate of Road Transport domain systems; integration with ERRU; website for citizens.
- Currently, work is underway on the target version of the KREPTD system, the implementation of which is scheduled for May 8, 2019.
National Contact Point
International Transport Office
General Inspectorate of Road Transport
Jerozolimskie Avenue 94, 00-807 Warsaw
tel.: (+48 22) 220 46 29, fax.: (+48 22) 220 48 99